West Virginia University has released the Dec. 2019 and May 2020 Commencement schedules.
August and December graduates will celebrate their achievements at the WVU Coliseum on Sat., Dec. 21, in two separate ceremonies.
Graduates from the John Chambers College of Business and Economics, Eberly College of Arts & Sciences and the Reed College of Media will walk in a ceremony at 10 a.m. Graduates of all other schools and colleges will walk in a later ceremony at 2 p.m.
As a reminder, the deadline to apply for Fall 2019 graduation through the Office of the University Registrar is Oct. 4. August and December graduates planning to participate in December Commencement must register to walk in the appropriate ceremony by Dec. 6 using the link that will be available soon on the Graduation website. This step is in addition to applying for graduation.
Commencement exercises for May 2020 graduates are planned for the weekend of May 15-17.
Friday, May 15:
- College of Law, 9 a.m., Creative Arts Center
- Reed College of Media, 9:30 a.m., Coliseum
- School of Public Health, 12:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
- College of Physical Activity & Sports Science, 1 p.m., Coliseum
- College of Creative Arts, 3:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
- Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, & Design, 4 p.m., Coliseum
- School of Medicine PhD, MS and MD, 7 p.m., Creative Arts Center
Saturday, May 16:
- College of Education & Human Services, 9 a.m., Coliseum
- School of Dentistry, 9:30 a.m., Creative Arts Center
- John Chambers College of Business & Economics, 12 p.m., Coliseum
- School of Pharmacy, 12:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
- School of Nursing, 3:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center
- Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources, 4 p.m., Coliseum
Sunday, May 17:
- Eberly College of Arts & Sciences-Graduate, 9 a.m., Coliseum
- Eberly College of Arts & Sciences-Undergraduate, 12 p.m., Coliseum
- School of Medicine Professional Programs, 4 p.m., Coliseum
Graduates planning to participate in May 2020 commencement exercises must register with their school or college during the Spring 2020 semester. Students and parents are encouraged to check the graduation website often in the months and weeks leading up to commencement weekend where information will be added as details are confirmed.
The University reminds graduates that participation in Commencement exercises does not signify the completion of a WVU degree. Questions regarding eligibility to participate should be directed to the student’s school or college. Diplomas will be mailed after all grades are finalized and certified by the Office of the University Registrar.
If you have questions about the upcoming graduation ceremonies, contact WVU’s Office of University Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304.293.7132. Updates are available on the WVU Graduation website as information is confirmed.
CONTACT: Lisa Martin
Special Events Coordinator Senior, University Events
Call 1.855.WVU.NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.