West Virginia University students may return to campus to collect their belongings from residence halls and to complete the check-out process beginning May 18 and continuing through June 6.
The move-out process was developed with guidance from public health officials and medical professionals to limit contact and expedite the process. Increased cleaning of public spaces and high-touch items, including any available moving carts, will take place throughout the day.
Residents must schedule a time for their move-out to prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff; however, if residents experience COVID-19 symptoms in the days before their scheduled time slot, they must notify firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Registration must be completed at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Directions for registration will be emailed to residents.
· Time slots are available Monday-Saturday with the exception of Memorial Day Weekend: May 23-25.
Health and safety measures:
· Personal protection equipment is required in all public areas. Residents and helpers should bring a mask and gloves. The CDC has guidelines on cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
· Suitemates/roommates cannot select the same time slot.
Onsite move-out process:
· Only one family member/support person may accompany the resident into the building to maintain the highest possible level of health and safety.
· WVU will not provide assistance in moving items between student rooms and personal vehicles.
· Buildings will be minimally staffed; staff will assist with monitoring and controlling building access and managing supplies.
Additional information regarding the move-out process is available at go.wvu.edu/register-for-2020-spring-move-out.
Separate guidance is available for students planning a move-out from an off-campus apartment.
Move-out information for University Apartments, including College Park, University Park, University Place and Vandalia, will be provided at a later date.
CONTACT: University Relations/Communications
Call 1-855-WVU-NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.Follow @WVUToday on Twitter