The school, housed in the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, jumped from 103rd to 75th of the 234 programs reviewed in rankings the magazine published Tuesday.
“We are gratified and honored to be ranked among the top 75 schools of social work in the nation,” said Deana Morrow, director of the school. “This distinction is a tribute to the outstanding work of our faculty and represents the School of Social Work’s ongoing commitment to academic excellence in teaching and impactful research in service to the state of West Virginia and beyond.
“Because WVU is such a strong university, and because we have scores of accomplished social work alumni across the nation, we have abundant synergies for pursuing cutting edge research and state-of-the art education,” she said.
Petroleum engineering, in the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, was also highly ranked, tied for 13th.
“Being in the heart of our country’s vast shale resources has allowed us to expand our course offerings in a variety of areas,” said Samuel Ameri, chair, Department of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering. “Being ranked for the first time by US News & World Report confirms our hard work and the quality of alumni that graduate from the program has not gone unnoticed by our peers.”
Other graduate programs ranked Tuesday are:
- • Aerospace / Aeronautical / Astronautical engineering, tied for 54
- • Audiology, 53
- • Biological Sciences, 175
- • Chemistry, 114
- • Clinical Psychology, 57
- • Chemical Engineering, 90T
- • Civil Engineering, 89T
- • Computer Engineering, 107T
- • Computer Science, 111
- • Electrical / Electronic / Communications Engineering, 118T
- • Earth Sciences, 107
- • Economics, 83
- • Engineering, 127T
- • English, 99
- • History, 98
- • Industrial / Manufacturing / Systems Engineering, 70T
- • Law School, 106T
- • Math, 127
- • Mechanical Engineering, 110T
- • Medical School, Primary Care, 58
- • Occupational Therapy, 126
- • Pharmacy, 36
- • Physical Therapy, 79
- • Physics, 100
- • Public Affairs, 123
- • Rehabilitation Counseling, 37
- • Speech-Language Pathology, 92
- • Political Science, 98
- • Psychology, 131T
CONTACT: University Relations/Communications
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.