WHAT: West Virginia University representatives will attend the 2023 West Virginia Chamber Annual Meeting and Business Summit, bringing together Chamber members and state leaders in business, industry, education, finance and policy.
WHEN: Aug. 30-Sept. 1
WHERE: The Greenbrier, 101 W. Main St., White Sulphur Springs
WHO: University speakers include Gordon Gee, president, WVU; T. Ramon Stuart, president, WVU Institute of Technology; Dr. Clay Marsh, chancellor and executive dean, WVU Health Sciences; Albert L. Wright, Jr., president and CEO, WVU Health System; Susan Lavenski, member, WVU Board of Governors; and Tony Caridi, play-by-play announcer, WVU Athletics
Wednesday (Aug. 30)
• West Virginia Business Summit Lunch, Colonial Hall, 11:30 a.m., with President Gee
• West Virginia Business Summit Opening Session, Colonial Hall, 11:50 a.m., with Lavenski, chair, West Virginia Chamber of Commerce
• “3 Guys Before Open Enrollment: A Play-By-Play on Peak Health,” 1:45 p.m., with Wright, board chair, Peak Health, Dr. Marsh and Caridi
Thursday (Aug. 31)
• “Investing in the Next Generation,” President Gee; Marty Roth, president, University of Charleston; Jim Nemitz, president, West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine; moderated by Ben Williams, executive director of government relations, College Board
Friday (Sept. 1)
• “Higher Education Driving Change in West Virginia,” President Stuart; Ericke Cage, president, West Virginia State University; Mark Manchin, president, Glenville State University; Josh Baker, president, Mountwest Community and Technical College
MEDIA CONTACT: Shauna Johnson
Director of News Communications
Call 1-855-WVU-NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.