WHAT: A dedication ceremony will celebrate the completion of upgrades to the Davis College’s poultry research feed.
WHERE: WVU Animal Science Farm, Stewartstown Road, Morgantown
WHEN: Friday (May 4)
a.m. – Program and Remarks
• Daniel J. Robison, dean of the Davis College
• John Campbell, vice provost for WVU
• Pete Calderon, sales manager for Scott Equipment Co.
• Joel Newman, president, CEO and corporate treasurer for American Feed Industry Association
• Joe Moritz, professor and Extension specialist of feed manufacture and poultry science
11:30 a.m. – Ribbon Cutting and Feed Mill Tours
Noon – Lunch for event attendees
Poultry represents the largest volume of animal protein consumed in the United States. In West Virginia, the industry also makes a significant impact adding $200 million to the state’s economy and providing jobs for more than 5,000 people.
The feed mill is vital to ongoing poultry research efforts at WVU. Over the years, researchers have worked closely with poultry growers to tackle some of the industry’s biggest challenges including poultry litter management and increasing pellet quality.
Communications Manager, Davis College
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.