- In partnership with the West Virginia National Guard and the Monongalia County Health Department, WVU will continue to offer free walk-up COVID-19 testing to students, faculty, staff and residents of Monongalia County.
- Testing will take place each Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the WVU Student Recreation Center. Note the following exceptions to this schedule:
- Testing on Wednesday, Oct. 28, will occur from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Testing for the week of Nov.16 will take place on Friday, Nov. 20, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This modified schedule will allow time for participants to receive their test results before the Thanksgiving holiday.
- The testing facility at the Rec Center will not be open on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
- WVU will continue COVID-19 sample testing through Thanksgiving. However, the testing facility at the Rec Center will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 3, for Election Day.
- As a reminder, individuals who may be asked to take part in sample testing include students with in-person classes, members of fraternities or sororities, those living in residence halls and University Apartments, those participating in athletics, those in the performing arts, specific faculty and staff populations and random samples of students and employees — regardless of whether they have a known exposure or are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Individuals asked to take part in sample testing will receive an email notification on Friday afternoons from CovidTesting@mail.wvu.edu with instructions to register for testing.
- Participants will sign up for their preferred testing date/time via StarRez (WVU’s housing portal). Time slots to complete testing are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the WVU Student Recreation Center.
Additional Testing for In-Person Class Instructors
- While some faculty members may be required to complete testing through WVU’s sample testing program, the University also is inviting all in-person class instructors on the Morgantown campus to undergo free COVID-19 testing on a voluntary basis.
- In-person instructors who wish to test can register for their preferred testing date/time via StarRez. As with sample testing, time slots are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the WVU Student Recreation Center.
WVU also plans to conduct COVID-19 testing between Thanksgiving and the end of semester. Testing days and operational hours will be announced soon.
However, beginning Monday, Nov. 30, WVU will update the dashboard on a weekly basis each Monday. The weekly updates will continue to reflect the daily results. The University will resume updating the dashboard on a daily basis after the first of the year.
CONTACT: April Kaull, Executive Director of Communications
Call 1-855-WVU-NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.