WVU students present research and mingle with staff, faculty, family and peers in the Erickson Alumni Center during the 14th annual Undergraduate Research Symposium in Morgantown, July 28, 2022.
(WVU Photo/Matt Sunday)
WHAT: The Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium is an in-person, judged poster session featuring students engaged in summer research programming at West Virginia University.
WHERE: Mountainlair Ballrooms, WVU Downtown Campus
WHEN: Thursday (July 27) from noon to 4 p.m.
WHO: Nearly 150 undergraduate student researchers from course capstones and the following WVU programs:
● Appalachian Gerontology Experiences: Advancing Diversity in Aging Research Scholars
● Biomedical Sciences Summer Research Experience for Underrepresented Students
● Immunology and Medical Microbiology Undergraduate Research Internship Program
● Neuroscience Undergraduate Research Opportunity
● Research Apprenticeship Program
● National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates in astrophysics, behavioral science, chemistry, and discrete and continuous analysis at Fairmont State University
● Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
● Summer Undergraduate Vision Research Fellowship Program
● WV NASA Space Grant Consortium Fellows
● WVU Cancer Institute Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
NOTES: The symposium is free and open to the public. Student researchers will present from 1:30-3:30 p.m. during a public poster session.
More information and research abstracts can be found on the symposium website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Lindsay Willey
Director of Marketing and Communications
WVU Honors College
Call 1-855-WVU-NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.