WHO: 120 incoming West Virginia University medical students
WHAT: Orientation and professional development activities
WHEN: Wed., July 31 – Thurs., Aug. 8
WHERE: Most events take place at the WVU Health Sciences Center in Morgantown unless otherwise noted below
BEST FILMING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Wednesday (July 31) Health Sciences Center
2:45 p.m. —Stop the Bleed, an interactive training to teach individuals how to prevent death from hemorrhage
- Thursday (Aug. 1) Chestnut Ridge Park’s WestVaco Building, Morgantown
Note: Rain location: WVU Shell Building, Morgantown
10 a.m. — Hands-on skills sessions
12:15 p.m.— Team building exercises
- Wednesday (Aug. 7) Health Sciences Center
3 p.m. — Student Organization Fair
- Thursday (Aug. 8) Health Sciences Center
2 p.m.— Interactive tours of the Health Sciences Center for Family members
5 p.m. — Oath of Integrity Ceremony
About the School of Medicine and the incoming class:
- Students from the M.D. Class of 2023 hail from 12 states and Canada.
- Thirty-six percent of the class have degrees from WVU while the remainder of the class represent 48 other undergraduate institutions.
- Two members of the class have served in the U.S. military.
- A portion of the class members have prior experience in the healthcare field, serving as emergency medical technicians, medical assistants, medical research assistants, certified nurse assistants and scribes.
CONTACT: Cassie Thomas
WVU School of Medicine
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.