WHAT: Opportunity Zones panel discussions on ways to accelerate West Virginia projects
· Jeanne Milliken Bonds, Community Development Office, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
· Josh Cook, Research Fellow, WV Forward
· Mary Hunt, Program Director, Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation (To participate in Charleston panel April 29)
· Marten R. Jenkins, Jr., President, Natural Capital Investment Fund (To participate in Shepherdstown panel April 26)
· Aaron Sporck, Director of Economic Development, Office of U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito
· Wes White, Deputy Director, WV Department of Commerce
NOTES: WV Forward, the Office of U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito, WV Department of Commerce, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation will host a series of panel discussions on how to accelerate projects within designated West Virginia Opportunity Zones. Investors, lenders, developers, property owners, entrepreneurs, business owners, lawyers, accountants, researchers, startups and community and economic development professionals are encouraged to attend.
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Media availability will begin 30 minutes prior to each event for panelists interviews. Members of the media who would like to attend one of the panel discussions should RSVP to Katie Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday (April 25)
3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Marriott Hotel at Waterfront Place
3 Waterfront Place, Morgantown
Life Science Showcase and reception to immediately follow. In partnership with the WV Bioscience Summit
Friday (April 26)
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Shepherd University Robert C. Byrd Center for Congressional History and Education
213 N. King St., Shepherdstown
Monday, April 29
10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WV Regional Technology Park, Building 2000
1740 Union Carbide Drive, South Charleston
CONTACT: Katie Farmer
Communications Director & Marketing Strategist, Office of the Provost
@WVUToday on Twitter.