WHAT: Hosted by the Center for Financial Literacy and Education in the John Chambers College of Business and Economics at West Virginia University, Finance University provides financial literacy education and resources to state teachers, lessons they can take into their K-12 classrooms to better equip students to enter the world with an understanding of how to manage personal finances.
Sponsored by PRA Group, Finance U is now in its 20th year. The program supports WVU’s land-grant mission to advance the economic health and prosperity of the state.
WHEN: Sunday, July 24 – Thursday, July 28.
WHERE: Morgantown Marriott, Two Waterfront Place, Morgantown
• Amy Pridemore, director, WVU Center for Financial Literacy and Education
• Damon DeSue, global tax controller, PRA Group
• Eugene M. Natali, Jr., CFA, CEO and co-founder, Troutwood
• Lisa Bender, director, TCT National Master Education Team, Take Charge Today
NOTES: A full agenda can be found here. Noteworthy sessions include the following:
• Monday, July 25, 8:30-10 a.m, FoolProof: Teach Your Students How to be Healthy Consumer Skeptics
• Tuesday, July 26, 12:45-2:30 p.m., Take Charge of Teaching Personal Finance with Take Charge Today
• Wednesday, July 27, 2:30-4:30 p.m., The Importance of a Financial Plan with Troutwood
MEDIA CONTACT: Heather Richardson
Assistant Dean for Strategic Communications
WVU John Chambers College of Business and Economics
Call 1-855-WVU-NEWS for the latest West Virginia University news and information from WVUToday.