WVU's main campus closed, except for emergency personnel; classes canceled Monday; plans are to resume full operations Tuesday
Due to the massive winter storm and deteriorating weather conditions in the state and region, West Virginia University’s main campus is canceling all classes and operations, effective at 4 p.m. Sunday (March 2) through 6 a.m. Tuesday (March 4).
Some University operations will continue to function, including dining services, residence halls, roads and grounds and other essential operations; however, the PRT and buses are not operational. WVU will attempt to keep the Library, Student Rec Center and Mountainlair open today and Monday, as personnel allows.
WVU Hospitals and clinics remain open.
All classes and operations are expected to resume Tuesday, unless weather conditions dictate otherwise.
While normal operations are anticipated for Tuesday (March 4), students, faculty and staff should stay tuned to local broadcast stations, WVU Web sites (www.wvu.edu, wvutoday.wvu.edu, www.mix.wvu.edu) and social media outlets (@WVUToday and @WestVirginiaU on Twitter and www.facebook.com/wvumountaineers on Facebook, for the latest information.
As always, faculty, staff and students should use good judgment when traveling in inclement weather.
Some notable closings for tonight (March 2) and into Monday (March 3):
- International Student Dinner, Traveling the Eurasion Steppes, at the Mountainlair Ballrooms. Information about a new date will be available soon.
- Extension 4-H Civic Engagement Forum, Charleston.
- College of Creative Arts low brass concert at Falbo Theatre has been canceled.
- Following meetings at the Mountainlair have been cancelled: Pi Kappa Phi, Phi Gamma Delta, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Theta Chi, Phi Sigma Pi, Phi Gamma Delta, Sigma Alpha Mu.
- 5 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. showings in the Gluck Theater.
- WVU Visitors Center and Tours
- Admissions Open House
- Faculty Senate
- WVU Foundation
- No printed edition of The Daily Athenaeum, online site will be updated.
- Child Learning Center is closed.
- School of Dentistry student clinics will be canceled, although the Urgent Care clinic will remain open.
CONTACT: University Relations/News