Gina DeBaldo, a student in the West Virginia University School of Music, will present a recital at the Creative Arts Center, Saturday, Nov. 2.

The event begins at 8:15 p.m. in the Antoinette Falbo Theatre and is free and open to the public.

The program will include: “Sonata No. 3 in F Minor” by Georg Philipp Telemann; “Chant d’Amour” by Franti?ek Čern�; “Andante con Variazioni” by Ludvig Hegner; and “Concerto No. 2 in B Minor” by Giovanni Bottesini.

DeBaldo is a senior music education major. For the past four years she has been studying with Dr. Andrew Kohn on Double Bass.

“I first started playing music at the age of 9 on the cello,” she said. “When I was 12, I taught myself how to play the double bass when my father told the jazz band director that I could and would join the band.”

Through middle school and high school Gina played in the Peninsula Youth Orchestra, traveling to Prague, Budapest, and Vienna. With the Peninsula Youth Orchestra, she has played at Carnegie Hall, Dvorak Hall, and Lizt Academy.

She is the principle bass in the WVU Symphony Orchestra and has also played with the Pride of West Virginia Marching Band trombone section for three years.

For more information, contact the College of Creative Arts at 304-293-4359.

cl/11/01/13