West Virginia University will host the second annual EmployeeFest as a way to thank employees and let them know the University values and appreciates them. This year, there’s a new location and a new theme that focuses on their health and benefits.
EmployeeFest 2012 is Thursday, April 12, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Erickson Alumni Center. This one-day celebration is also an opportunity for University employees to receive professional development training while taking part in fun activities. Around 1,700 employees have pre-registered. Those that do will receive an insulated tumbler with the WVU logo and a health journal.
“Our employees are our greatest resource,” said Narvel Weese, vice president for administration and finance. “We want our employees to be healthy and active, and to have more energy for their jobs, their friends and their families. At West Virginia University, we want to be proactive with meeting the needs of our University family.”
This year’s fair, coordinated by WVU’s Division of Human Resources, offers:
- Free health screenings for blood pressure, BMI, glucose, cholesterol, back and neck pain, carotid artery, gallbladder, hearing, vision, skin cancer, heart risk assessment and more (note: some screenings required pre-registration and are already filled).
- Workshops on healthy cooking, gardening, growing and cooking with herbs, financial fitness, retirement planning, couponing, multi-generational families, caregiving, homebuying and alcohol awareness.
- 50-plus exhibits including, PEIA, WVU Healthcare, designing a healthy home, nutrition, tobacco cessation, weight management and more
- An Open Enrollment lab where employees can make changes online with PEIA and Mountaineer Flexible Benefits, and update personal information such as beneficiaries and emergency contact
- Games, prizes, free snacks and beverages, chair massage—and a photo opp with the Orange Bowl trophy (so bring a camera along).
In addition, a free “grab and go” lunch (with gourmet wrap, fruit, chips, dessert and bottled water) in a special WVU-branded insulated lunch bag will be provided. Beverage and healthy snack stations will also be located throughout the facility.
Employees are reminded to bring their WVU IDs for admittance to the event.
More details, including shuttle/transportation information, are available at http://employeefest.wvu.edu.
CONTACT: University Relations/News
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.