Kimberly S. Croyle has decided not to accept West Virginia University’s chief legal affairs position due to an unexpected, but welcome reason, WVU President Jim Clements said Monday (Jan. 25).

“I recently learned I am pregnant,” Croyle said, “and while unexpected, I am very excited. However, it would be difficult with two young boys and a baby on the way to change careers at this stage.

“I want to thank President Clements, Chairwoman Carolyn Long and others for their encouragement and support during this entire process. I love the University and will continue to do whatever I can on its behalf.”

Clements said Croyle asked to be released from the contract she signed with the University, and he agreed. “I certainly understand Kim’s decision and wish her and her family all the best,” Clements said.

WVU will resume the search process immediately, he added.

In the meantime, Mary Roberta Brandt will continue in her role as interim vice president for legal affairs and general counsel.

Croyle said she will remain with the law firm of Bowles, Rice, McDavid, Graff and Love LLP.

01/25/10

CONTACT: News & Information Services
304-293-6997